Skip to content
Where to Report an FDCPA Violation
Free Legal Help

Where to Report an FDCPA Violation by MRS Associates*

Stop the

You have legal rights. We can help.


Many people need to take out loans, whether short or long term, and sometimes they may need to delay repayments due to unforeseen circumstances. This is when the loan company may ask a debt collector like MRS Associates to try to collect your debt. If you have been harassed by MRS Associates, you might be able to prevent this from happening by using the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), a federal law.

The FDCPA helps to ensure that a debt collector does not harass the debtor by visiting and calling all hours of the day and far too frequently. You can report any violations of the FDCPA or, if you wish, you can take the matter further by filing a lawsuit against the debt collector as long as this is done within 12 months of the violation taking place.

How to Report a FDCPA Violation by MRS Associates

If your state has a law similar to the FDCPA, you may report a violation to the Attorney General’s Office who, if they think your rights have been violated, will take legal action on your behalf against MRS Associates. You may also file a report of the violation to the Federal Trade Commission and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). If you choose the CFPB it can contact the FTC for you. The CFPB can conduct an investigation into the complaints you have made concerning MRS Associates, and, if they believe the complaints are genuine, they can penalize MRS Associates for breaching the law.

How the Better Business Bureau Can Help in Negotiations Over Disputes

The Better Business Bureau (BBB) may be prepared to mediate between you and MRS Associates in order to solve any debt collecting problems. The BBB is not permitted to pursue legal action like the state and federal regulators above, but they can issue a warning to other consumers to be wary of MRS Associates.

Where to Report an FDCPA Violation by MRS Associates*

Filing a Lawsuit Against MRS Associates

If you feel you haven’t resolved the matter to your satisfaction, you are permitted according to the FDCPA to sue MRS Associates for up to $1,000. As with any civil lawsuit, you have to include the right evidence showing the behavior of the debt collector which violated the FDCPA. This does not mean you no longer have to pay your debt to the loan company, but you may find a more acceptable way to do it.

How a Lawyer Can Help With a Claim for an FDCPA Violation

If you think legal action against MRS Associates is your only choice to seek justice, don’t do it alone. Talk to a lawyer first, who will work on your behalf to get the compensation you deserve.

Additional Resources

*Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be constructed as legal advice. If you file a claim against MRS Associates, or any other third-party collection agency, you may not be entitled to any compensation.

Free Case Evaluation

    1. Please fill out your contact information:

    2. Has a debt collection done any of the following:

    By submitting above, I agree to the privacy policy and disclaimer and consent to be contacted by an agent via phone call or text message at the phone number(s) listed above, including wireless number(s). Calls may be auto-dialed/pre-recorded. Consent is not required to utilize our services.