Skip to content
How to Stop Harassing Phone Calls from Debt Collectors
Free Legal Help

How to Stop Harassing Phone Calls from MRS Associates*

Stop the

You have legal rights. We can help.


There are strict federal and state guidelines that a third-party debt collector must follow. The FDCPA is the strict legislation that is designed to protect consumers from the harassment of an unscrupulous debt collector.

If the FDCPA is being violated by MRS Associates and you are being harassed, you can file a complaint with the proper agencies, and you can file a claim against the collection agency to recover compensation for your damages.

Phone Harassment That Are FDCPA Violations

Debt collectors can be dishonest and threatening when they are attempting to collect a debt. If MRS Associates has done any of the following to you, you can pursue a claim against them. These are FDCPA violations:

  • False claims of being an officer of the law
  • Calling earlier than 8 a.m. or later than 9 p.m.
  • Calling continuously
  • Threatening you physically

Ways To Stop Harassing Phone Calls

If MRS Associates has been harassing you, you do have rights. You can ignore the calls and refuse to answer any calls from MRS Associates. If they call and harass or threaten you, you can hang up the phone.

Be sure to tell them they are violating the FDCPA and that you will be notifying the Federal Trade Commission and the state attorney general. Also, tell them you will be recording their calls.

Maintain documentation of every call and every contact. Write the company name, the name of the representative, the time and date of the call, and then summarize the conversation.

The more thorough documentation that you have, the more likely you are to have a successful claim against MRS Associates for violating the FDCPA.

How to Stop Harassing Phone Calls from MRS Associates*

Damages You May Be Entitled To

There are several damages that could result from being harassed by MRS Associates. These are some of the damages that are claimed after being harassed by a collection agency:

  • Statutory damages
  • Lost wages
  • Physical distress
  • Emotional distress
  • Monetary damages
  • Wage Garnishment Recovery

You are much more likely to succeed with your claim if you enlist the help of an FDCPA attorney who is licensed in your state. An attorney can gather supporting evidence, file complaints with the proper government agencies, and then file your claim against MRS Associates.

Talk To An FDCPA Attorney

If MRS Associates has been harassing you, you should talk with a local FDCPA lawyer who will make sure the collection agency is punished for their behavior. Your attorney will file complaints with the FTC and the state attorney general’s office and file a claim against MRS Associates so you can recover compensation for your damages.

You will not have to pay anything upfront. Instead, your lawyer will not be paid until you win your claim against MRS Associates. Put an end to the harassment and file a claim against the collection agency.

Additional Resources

*Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be construed as legal advice. If you file a claim against MRS Associates or any other third-party collection agency, you may not be entitled to compensation.

Free Case Evaluation

    1. Please fill out your contact information:

    2. Has a debt collection done any of the following:

    By submitting above, I agree to the privacy policy and disclaimer and consent to be contacted by an agent via phone call or text message at the phone number(s) listed above, including wireless number(s). Calls may be auto-dialed/pre-recorded. Consent is not required to utilize our services.