Skip to content
Where to Report an FDCPA Violation
Free Legal Help

Where to Report a Violation by Hillcrest, Davidson & Associates*

Stop the

You have legal rights. We can help.


It’s a serious matter to be in debt. It’s worse if you are pursued day and night by an over-zealous debt collector like Hillcrest, Davidson & Associates. There is a federal law that prevents debt collectors from pestering debtors called the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). Agencies like the Consumer Financial Protection Board are able to investigate reports of FDCPA violations on your behalf and issue fines if a breach of the law is proven.

You can also file your own lawsuit against a debt collector who is harassing you with the help of an attorney.

How to Report a FDCPA Violation by Hillcrest, Davidson & Associates LLC

You can get help from either a federal or state agency with breaches of fair debt collection laws that are affecting you. If you are being pestered far too often, you should report the company that is pestering you to the Consumer Financial Protection Board (CFPB). This federal agency has the legal authority to investigate breaches of the FDCPA and issue fines or other legal penalties if the allegations are sustained.

The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is another federal government body that can act against a debt collector who is breaking the law, but normally they act only after being contacted by the CFPB. You can also report a debt collector to your own state Attorney General’s office if there has been a breach of your state’s fair debt law. The Attorney General’s Office can also impose fines on the debt collector.

How the Better Business Bureau Can Help in Negotiations Over Disputes

If you think that the dispute between you and the debt collector can be resolved through mediation, then you could make a complaint to the Better Business Bureau (BBB). They can arrange mediation and warn others of poor debt collection behavior on your behalf, but cannot pursue legal action in the same way as the CFPB.

Where to Report a Violation by Hillcrest, Davidson & Associates*

Filing a Lawsuit Against Hillcrest, Davidson & Associates, LLC

In addition to getting government agencies to take legal action on your behalf, you can go ahead and file a lawsuit against the debt collector. You have a year to do so and can claim up to $1,000 in damages, as well as attorney’s fees.

It is best to be well prepared if you do decide to file a lawsuit against the debt collector for violating the FDCPA. You will need evidence of the times and dates you have been contacted to show that you were being pestered.

How a Lawyer Can Help With a Claim for a FDCPA Violation

You are advised to seek legal assistance if you are considering filing a lawsuit against Hillcrest, Davidson & Associates LLC for violating the FDCPA. Talk to an attorney with the relevant experience.

Additional Resources

*Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be constructed as legal advice. If you file a claim against Hillcrest, Davidson & Associates, LLC, or any other third-party collection agency, you may not be entitled to any compensation.

Free Case Evaluation

    1. Please fill out your contact information:

    2. Has a debt collection done any of the following:

    By submitting above, I agree to the privacy policy and disclaimer and consent to be contacted by an agent via phone call or text message at the phone number(s) listed above, including wireless number(s). Calls may be auto-dialed/pre-recorded. Consent is not required to utilize our services.