Skip to content
Where to Report an FDCPA Violation
Free Legal Help

Where to Report a Violation by the Global Collection Agency*

Stop the

You have legal rights. We can help.


Are you being pestered by a debt collection service like the Global Collection Agency? If so, you can take steps to prevent them from contacting you as often as they do, or preventing them from phoning you at night or sending someone to see you at home. The federal government has a law called the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) which limits what debt collectors can and cannot do.

If you believe that a debt collector is breaking the FDCPA or an equivalent state fair debt collection law, then you can either report the violation to a government agency so that they can take legal action on your behalf, or file a lawsuit of your own.

How to Report a FDCPA Violation by the Global Collection Agency

You have the right to report a debt collector who is harassing you and whose actions violate the FDCPA or an equivalent state fair debt collection law. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) is the best first step to report a FDCPA violation. The Bureau oversees fair debt collection practice and can pursue legal action against the collector if necessary.

Your state may also have equivalent fair debt laws. If it does, you can approach the state Attorney General’s Office with a complaint. As with the CFPB, the Attorney General’s Office has the legal authority to pursue legal action against the debt collector and issue fines if it finds the collector has broken a state law.

How the Better Business Bureau Can Help in Negotiations Over Disputes

One other way to try and persuade the debt collector to stop pestering you is to arrange a mediation session with the help of the Better Business Bureau (BBB). The BBB does not have the legal authority to issue fines like the CFPB, but it can warn other consumers of dubious behavior by a debt collector if a complaint is made to them.

Where to Report a Violation by the Global Collection Agency*

Filing a Lawsuit Against Global Collection Agency

Apart from reporting a violation of the FDCPA or similar fair debt collection laws, you can take more proactive action and file a lawsuit against the debt collector. You are able to claim damages of up to$1,000 if you can show that the collector has violated the FDCPA in its behavior towards you. The federal government allows debtors to file a lawsuit within 12 months of an alleged violation. Winning such a lawsuit is not guaranteed. You must have evidence that the violation has occurred, such as times and dates of each attempt when the debt collector contacted you.

How a Lawyer Can Help With a Claim for a FDCPA Violation

It’s not a good idea to try and file a lawsuit on your own. You are more likely to succeed if you get help from an experienced attorney.

Additional Resources

*Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be constructed as legal advice. If you file a claim against the Global Collection Agency, or any other third-party collection agency, you may not be entitled to any compensation.

Free Case Evaluation

    1. Please fill out your contact information:

    2. Has a debt collection done any of the following:

    By submitting above, I agree to the privacy policy and disclaimer and consent to be contacted by an agent via phone call or text message at the phone number(s) listed above, including wireless number(s). Calls may be auto-dialed/pre-recorded. Consent is not required to utilize our services.