Skip to content
Where to Report an FDCPA Violation
Free Legal Help

Where to Report a Violation by Account Services Collections, Inc*

Stop the

You have legal rights. We can help.


If you have been harassed in any way by a debt collection service like Account Services Collections, Inc. you may be able to limit their behavior by use of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), a federal law.

The FDCPA regulates how often a debt collector can contact you and when they are allowed to contact you. If you believe that the debt collector has violated the FDCPA, you have the right to report the violation through a number of ways described below. If you think there has been a serious violation, then you have the further right to file a lawsuit against the debt collector as long as this is within 1 year of the violation occurring.

How to Report a FDCPA Violation by Account Services Collections, Inc.

There are a number of ways that you can report a FDCPA violation if you have the proof that Account Services Collections, Inc. has broken the law. The FDCPA sets out the conditions under which the debt collection service is limited in its dealings with you. You can report a violation to your own state’s Attorney General assuming that the state you live in has laws about what debt collection services are allowed to do, which many of them do. If the Attorney General believes that a violation of your rights has occurred, then s/he can take legal action against the debt collector.

You can also report the violation to both the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). Generally, it is best to contact the CFPB first as it can file a complaint on your behalf with the FTC, which normally responds directly to consumers. The CFPB can investigate your complaints about the debt collector and, if the complaints are justified, penalize the violator for breaking the law.

How the Better Business Bureau Can Help in Negotiations Over Disputes

The Better Business Bureau (BBB) can act as an intermediary between you and the debt collector, if you are involved in a dispute or you have complaints about their behavior. The BBB doesn’t have the authority to pursue legal action in the same way as the federal and state regulators mentioned above, but apart from mediation the BBB can help to warn other consumers about the behavior of particular debt collectors.

Where to Report a Violation by Account Services Collections, Inc*

Filing a Lawsuit Against Account Services Collections, Inc.

You have the right to file a lawsuit against the debt collector if all else fails. The FDCPA allows you to sue the debt collector for an amount not exceeding $1,000 including damages, but you only have a year to do so. Even if you win a lawsuit against Account Services Collections Inc. this only affects the way the debt collector has attempted to collect debts owed to a third party. It does not reduce or cancel out the debt itself. It is important to provide specific evidence with your complaint of the behavior of the collector which you believe shows that they have violated the FDCPA.

How a Lawyer Can Help With a Claim for a FDCPA Violation

If you are considering taking legal action against a debt collector because you believe it has violated your rights under the FDCPA, you are advised to get help from a lawyer.

Additional Resources

*Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be constructed as legal advice. If you file a claim against Account Services Collections, Inc. or any other third-party collection agency, you may not be entitled to any compensation.

Free Case Evaluation

    1. Please fill out your contact information:

    2. Has a debt collection done any of the following:

    By submitting above, I agree to the privacy policy and disclaimer and consent to be contacted by an agent via phone call or text message at the phone number(s) listed above, including wireless number(s). Calls may be auto-dialed/pre-recorded. Consent is not required to utilize our services.