Skip to content
Dispute Letter By Collection Agency
Free Legal Help

Dispute Letter to Westwood Management – Sample Letter*

Stop the

You have legal rights. We can help.


If you are being contacted by Westwood Management about a debt that you don’t believe you owe, you have rights. The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) was enacted to make the debt collection process fair and to put unscrupulous and unethical practices to an end. The FDCPA allows you to ask for debt validation, so Westwood Management is required to provide the verification you request. You can ask for specific information and documentation regarding the debt in question. After you have sent the letter to Westwood Management requesting validation of the debt, they are required to stop the collection process until you have been provided with the documents you requested. You can ask for proof of the debt, the total amount of the debt, and for a copy of the original debt agreement.

Drafting Your Letter to Westwood Management

If you don’t believe you owe the debt Westwood Management is trying to collect, you should consult with an FDCPA attorney who is licensed in your state. Your lawyer will help you gather supporting documentation to send with a well-written dispute letter to Westwood Management. The letter will adhere to FDCPA guidelines and will request the specific information you are entitled to receive in order to validate the debt. You will have 30 days from the date you receive the letter to ask for it to be validated. Most of the time, the laws don’t specify how long the collection agency has to respond to your request, but you can specify a time limit in your letter, such as 30 days. When you do this, if you don’t get a response within that timeframe, then the debt hasn’t been validated and they must stop collections.

Actual Sample Letter

I request Westwood Management to supply me with specific information regarding the validation of the debt they are attempting to collect from me. I am making this request based on 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809(b), which is part of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. I am demanding proof that validates the debt and proves I am the responsible party. I ask for documentation to show the name of the original creditor, a copy of the agreement you have with the original creditor that authorizes you to collect the debt, information pertaining to any judgment, proof of the amount owed on the debt, a copy of the original credit agreement, and proof of when the last payment was made on this debt and the amount of that payment. Also, I want evidence that shows the Statute of Limitations for collecting this debt hasn’t expired along with a copy of your license to collect debt in my state.

If Westwood Management fails to provide me with the requested information and doesn’t respond to this request for the debt to be validated within 30 days of receiving this letter, all references to this specific debt must be deleted and it should be removed from my credit history. Any future attempts for collecting this debt should cease. Failing to respond to my request would indicate that you are making an implied agreement to reimburse me for any legal fees, including court costs and attorney fees, should I choose to proceed to court with this matter. Be sure to include the account number or reference number, so Westwood Management can look up the account. Conclude by signing the letter.

Talk to an Attorney Today

If Westwood Management is pursuing you for a debt that you don’t believe you owe, you should consult with an FDCPA attorney who practices in your area. You have a limited amount of time to ask for validation of the debt or to dispute it, so be sure to make contact and request the information before the time limit has expired. If you wait too long, you might end up being on the hook for a debt you really didn’t owe, and Westwood Management will continue with the collection process. The FDCPA was enacted to help consumers avoid the scrupulous and unethical practices of debt collectors. Take advantage of your rights and call an FDCPA attorney today.

Additional Resources


The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be construed as legal device. If you file a claim against Westwood Management or any other third-party collection agency, you may not be entitled to any compensation.

Free Case Evaluation

    1. Please fill out your contact information:

    2. Has a debt collection done any of the following:

    By submitting above, I agree to the privacy policy and disclaimer and consent to be contacted by an agent via phone call or text message at the phone number(s) listed above, including wireless number(s). Calls may be auto-dialed/pre-recorded. Consent is not required to utilize our services.