Skip to content
Debt Collection
Free Legal Help

By Contributing Author: Sergei Lemberg Updated on

Are You Being Called By Judgment Recovery Assistance?

Stop the

You have legal rights. We can help.


Are you being called by Judgment Recovery Assistance? Here’s what you need to know.

When you’re being harassed every day by collection agencies, you may be tempted to declare bankruptcy to make it stop. While this may be a way to obtain a fresh financial start, speak to a consumer attorney before you file. If a debt collector is stressing you to breaking point, they are likely breaking the law, and you deserve compensation.

Your Rights Under the FDCPA

At one time, consumers could only escape debt collector harassment by declaring bankruptcy. In 1977 Congress passed the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, or FDCPA, to stop collection agencies from using methods like the following to collect a debt.

  • Using profane and obscene language
  • Contacting you at an inconvenient or unusual time and place
  • Continuing to contact you after you have requested in writing that they stop
  • Contacting you if they are aware that you are being represented by an attorney
  • Ignoring a formal request to cease communications
  • Threatening legal action they have no intention of taking

Are You Being Called by Judgment Recovery Assistance?

Need Help With Judgment Recovery Assistance?

Call for a Free Case Evaluation Now!

Company Profile: Judgment Recovery Assistance

If you are being called by Judgment Recovery Assistance, information about the company is below.

Judgment Recovery Assistance, the business name for Knutson LLC, is a debt collection company located in Canby, Minnesota. It was established in 2010, has less than 10 employees, and is managed by its President, Mary Ellen Ervin. Legal records on file at the PACER (Public Access to Court Electronic Records) website confirm that consumers who believed they were being harassed by Judgment Recovery Assistance sued the company rather than tolerate it any longer.

Need Help With Judgment Recovery Assistance?

Call for a Free Case Evaluation Now!

Alleged Violations against Judgment Recovery Assistance

Stanley B. Alexander vs. Knutson, LLC dba Judgment Recovery Assistance*

According to PACER, On or about May 3, 2012, Judgment Recovery Assistance sent a debt collection letter to Minnesota resident Stanley B. Alexander. It included the following statement:
BE ON NOTICE, however, that we fully intend to pursue this debt to the furthest extent as allowed by law. Please also be on notice that daily interest, fees, and expenses incurred by us as necessary to enforce this judgment may also be added to your debt. If you do not proactively contact this office within 10 days from the date of this notice, we will take immediate action.
This may include but not be limited to:

  • Wage Garnishment
  • Bank Account Garnishment
  • Seizure of Non-Exempt Assets

On or about May 16, 2012, Judgment Recovery Assistance sent a Garnishment Exemption Notice and Notice of Intent to Garnish Earnings to Mr. Alexander. It was signed by owner Mary Ellen Ervin, who was not a licensed attorney, and subsequent attempts were made to garnish his wages.

Feeling harassed by Judgment Recovery Assistance, Ms. Alexander hired a consumer attorney and sued the company for allegedly violating the FDCPA in the following ways:

The matter was later settled.

Need Help With Judgment Recovery Assistance?

Call for a Free Case Evaluation Now!

Hire an Attorney

The phone number for this collection agency is 1-320-274-3345. If you see it on your caller ID, be aware that you are being called by Judgment Recovery Assistance. If they threaten to garnish your wages and ruin your credit if you don’t pay, hire a consumer attorney who can represent you and intercede on your behalf. If you file a claim against Judgment Recovery Assistance with your attorney’s help and win, you could potentially receive $1,000 per FDCPA violation. When debt collectors go too far, the law can help you seek compensation.

*Case taken from PACER ( File number is 0:13-cv-00552-DSD-SER from the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota.

Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be constructed as legal advice. If you file a claim against Judgment Recovery Assistance, or any other third-party collection agency, you may not be entitled to any compensation.

About the author:

Contributing Author: Sergei Lemberg

Sergei Lemberg is a consumer rights attorney, practicing since 2006, whose practice focuses on consumer law, class actions and personal injury litigation. He is known for a United States Supreme Court case (Facebook v. Duguid) defending consumers from autodialers under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991 to send unsolicited text messages. He is also the author of Defanging Debt Collectors, a book that teaches consumers how to battle debt collectors and win.

See more posts from Contributing Author: Sergei Lemberg
Be the first to comment

Leave a Comment

Write a comment below to share your experience. Or, instead you can send a secure message to our legal team.
Email & phone number are required to block spam, but will not be published.

Briefly describe your experience

Briefly describe your experience

What’s your name?

What’s your name?

What’s your email address?

Please enter a valid email address.

What’s your phone number?

Please enter a valid phone number.

Want to know if you could sue? Get a free legal evaluation.

Free Case Evaluation

    1. Please fill out your contact information:

    2. Has a debt collection done any of the following:

    By submitting above, I agree to the privacy policy and disclaimer and consent to be contacted by an agent via phone call or text message at the phone number(s) listed above, including wireless number(s). Calls may be auto-dialed/pre-recorded. Consent is not required to utilize our services.