Skip to content
Where to Report an FDCPA Violation
Free Legal Help

Where to Report an FDCPA Violation by Hunter Warfield Inc.*

Stop the

You have legal rights. We can help.


Are you being harassed by debt collection service Hunter Warfield Inc.? Debt collectors must obey state and federal rules about fair debt collection activity. Government legislation like the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) prevents debt collectors from overbearing activity, for example contacting a debtor several times a day or contacting them during antisocial hours.

A debt collector that is violating the FDCPA and similar state laws can be fined and its actions curtailed, despite the fact that this does not mean your debt does not need to be repaid. You are also entitled to sue the debt collector for damages if you can prove with the help of an attorney that the collector is breaking the law.

How to Report a FDCPA Violation by Hunter Warfield Inc.

There are two main ways you can report a debt collector’s unwanted and illegal pestering. The federal government agency, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) can investigate the activities of a debt collection agency like Hunter Warfield Inc. and issue fines if it finds that its actions break federal law, such as the FDCPA. You will need to lodge your complaint with the CFPB or the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) which also have the power to sanction a debt collector.

In many states, there are fair debt collection laws that are basically similar to the FDCPA and can be used to curtail unwarranted attention from a debt collector. If the state you live in has a fair debt collection law, you will need to lodge a complaint with your state Attorney General’s Office. They will investigate the complaint and issue fines or other sanctions if the collector has been breaking state law.

How the Better Business Bureau Can Help in Negotiations Over Disputes

You can also bring your complaint to the Better Business Bureau (BBB). This agency does not have the legal authority to sanction a debt collector, but it can intervene in such a way to broker a better relationship. The BBB, if asked, can arrange a mediation session between you and a representative from the debt collection service to try and achieve a more satisfactory outcome and address your grievance.

Where to Report an FDCPA Violation by Hunter Warfield Inc.*

Filing a Lawsuit Against Hunter Warfield Inc.

In addition to asking other agencies to help you with an unpleasant debt collector, you can file a lawsuit of your own if you have enough evidence available to prove that the collector has violated the FDCPA. It is necessary to have a complete record of pestering by the debt collector. Dates and times of contact and what was said each time would be useful. If you have recordings of phone calls or copies of emails sent and other communication this will help your case against the collector.

You can either file your lawsuit with a federal or state civil court. Federal law allows you to claim up to $1,000 in damages plus legal fees. Note that even if you do win the lawsuit, and the debt collector is forced to pay damages, this does not absolve you from your primary debt unless you can prove that the debt the collector was attempting to recover was not valid.

How a Lawyer Can Help With a Claim for a FDCPA Violation

Winning a lawsuit against a debt collector is not easy. You need to be well prepared and have proof of a violation of the law. It is sensible to discuss your legal options with an attorney before you initiate a claim.

Additional Resources

*Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be constructed as legal advice. If you file a claim against Hunter Warfield Inc., or any other third-party collection agency, you may not be entitled to any compensation.

Free Case Evaluation

    1. Please fill out your contact information:

    2. Has a debt collection done any of the following:

    By submitting above, I agree to the privacy policy and disclaimer and consent to be contacted by an agent via phone call or text message at the phone number(s) listed above, including wireless number(s). Calls may be auto-dialed/pre-recorded. Consent is not required to utilize our services.