Skip to content
Where to Report an FDCPA Violation
Free Legal Help

Where to Report an FDCPA Violation Against CCS Companies*

Stop the

You have legal rights. We can help.


Are you enduring the overly aggressive tactics used by a debt collection agency to intimidate you into paying off an outstanding credit card or a personal loan balance? Has a third party debt collector threaten to contact the IRS if you fail to take care of a delinquent debt? Does your phone ring constantly throughout the day, with angry messages left by a bill collector demanding you settle a consumer debt you started years ago? Dealing with a debt collection agency can trigger acute stress and anxiety. The stress and anxiety gets much worse whenever a third party debt collector crosses the legal line.

The answer to overly aggressive debt collection practices is to invoke the protections granted to consumers by a long standing consumer protection law. Written into federal law in 1977, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) outlaws the implementation of overly aggressive debt collection techniques. The FDCPA also forbids bill collectors from issuing threats or making repeated phone calls throughout the day. If you are the victim of one or more FDCPA violations, you should contact a licensed consumer protection lawyer to learn where to report an FDCPA violation against a bill collector.

Report CCS Companies to a Government Agency

The FDCPA offers consumers several ways to address the illegal practices used by debt collection agencies. After consulting with your FDCPA attorney, you can file a report with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Under the FDCPA, the FTC is responsible for enforcing the provisions written into the monumental consumer protection law. At the state level, you can report CCS Companies to the Attorney General. Regardless of where you file a report against CCS Companies, you need to make sure the report thoroughly explains how the third party debt collector violated the FDCPA.

The Better Business Bureau Offers Dispute Resolution Services

Another way to stop the harassment coming from CCS Companies involves asking the Better Business Bureau (BBB) to participate in a dispute resolution hearing. The BBB will send an accomplished representative that understands how to bring consumers and bill collectors together for the resolution of debt disputes. You might agree to send CCS Companies part of the money you owe or you might decide to consult further with your attorney. The important thing is to have your FDCPA lawyer with you during the BBB-sanctioned debt dispute hearing.

Where to Report an FDCPA Violation Against CCS Companies*

File a Claim in Civil Court

Reporting the illegal activities of a debt collection agency is one thing. Making the third party debt collector pay for one or more FDCPA violations is quite another thing. According to the FDCPA, you have the right to file a lawsuit in civil court that seeks financial compensation. Just financial compensation can include a one-time award for statutory damages. Your FDCPA attorney will thoroughly review your case to determine if there is enough evidence to warrant a request for monetary damages. You can receive monetary damages for suffering from physical and/or mental duress.

Make sure you have the legal representation to back up a civil lawsuit. Schedule a free initial consultation with an experienced consumer protection lawyer that has compiled a record of success litigating FDCPA cases.

Additional Resources

*Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be constructed as legal advice. If you file a claim against CCS Companies or any other third-party collection agency, you may not be entitled to any compensation.

Free Case Evaluation

    1. Please fill out your contact information:

    2. Has a debt collection done any of the following:

    By submitting above, I agree to the privacy policy and disclaimer and consent to be contacted by an agent via phone call or text message at the phone number(s) listed above, including wireless number(s). Calls may be auto-dialed/pre-recorded. Consent is not required to utilize our services.