Skip to content
Where to Report an FDCPA Violation
Free Legal Help

Where to Report an FDCPA Violation by Avante USA Ltd*

Stop the

You have legal rights. We can help.


If you have failed to repay a loan, you may have been approached by Avante USA Ltd, a debt collecting company, to force you to pay a debt. The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) covers you from any unlawful behavior that Avante may use to force the money out of you. The FDCPA is a national law that restricts the tactics used by third-party debt collectors like Avante.

This law ensures that a debt collector cannot harass you at anytime day or night and is limited to a certain number of visits to collect the debt. If the law laid down by the FDCPA is broken, you may file a lawsuit against Avante for damages. This has to take place within 12 months of the violation. If at fault, the debt collector will likely be responsible for paying the attorney’s fees. The debt collector can act in a responsible way by discussing possible payment options to clear the debt.

How to Report a FDCPA Violation by Avante USA Ltd

If a debt collector has violated your rights, the first thing you need to do is submit a complaint to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). This is a government agency which acts independently to ensure laws like the FDCPA are not broken. As soon as the FDCPA has received your complaint about the behavior of Avante it will put together any other complaints against Avante and penalize them for failing to abide by the law. In some cases, the complainant may be lucky and receive a partial fees refund of what he or she has already paid to Avante.

The CFPB is the best choice when filing a complaint about a debt collector like Avante. There are, however other options which are applicable. You may submit a complaint with the FTC. The third option is to file a complaint with your state’s Attorney General, who can take legal action against a debt collector such as Avante if it has disobeyed the law.

How the Better Business Bureau Can Help in Negotiations Over Disputes

Contacting the Better Business Bureau (BBB) can help you resolve the way Avante has been treating you. It can act as a mediator between you and Avante. Also by filing a complaint about Avante’s treatment of you, the BBB can put out an alert warning to other consumers about how Avante has been breaking the FDCPA law and that consumers should ignore illegal tactics Avante is using to recoup debts.

Where to Report an FDCPA Violation by Avante USA Ltd*

Filing a Lawsuit Against Avante USA Ltd

If your treatment by Avante cannot be resolved, you are entitled to file a civil suit in your federal or state court against Avante for violating your rights. You can collect up to $1,000 in damages if you win the case. In order to win, you need to be well prepared with evidence that backs up your complaint including time and dates when calls by Avante’s debt collector were made and how you know that Avante has violated the law. What you must remember is if you win the lawsuit you aren’t let off paying the debt you owe unless Avante has tried to collect money from you that you have never actually borrowed.

How a Lawyer Can Help With a Claim for a FDCPA Violation

To ensure you get the right outcome in your lawsuit against Avante, you should ask a lawyer to work on your behalf.

Additional Resources

*Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be constructed as legal advice. If you file a claim against Avante or any other third-party collection agency, you may not be entitled to any compensation.

Free Case Evaluation

    1. Please fill out your contact information:

    2. Has a debt collection done any of the following:

    By submitting above, I agree to the privacy policy and disclaimer and consent to be contacted by an agent via phone call or text message at the phone number(s) listed above, including wireless number(s). Calls may be auto-dialed/pre-recorded. Consent is not required to utilize our services.