SRS & Associates, Inc., is a collection agency that is based out of Vineland, New Jersey. With fewer than 10 employees, the company specializes in payday loan collections. The company is managed by Esther Dippolito. According to Public Access to Court Electronic Records, many consumers have accused SRS & Associates, Inc., of violating the FDCPA and harassing them. If you are being harassed by SRS & Associates, you may be able to recover damages.
How To Respond To A Lawsuit From SRS & Associates
Keep copies of all correspondence regarding your financial accounts. Keep statements, receipts, proof of payments, and anything else to do with your debts. If you don’t think you owe a bill, you can ask for it to be validated by SRS & Associates, Inc.
To validate a debt according to law, SRS & Associates, Inc. will be required to show evidence such as the original agreement for credit, payment history, and other correspondence. If you do owe a debt to SRS & Associates, Inc., you work to negotiate a settlement for about half the face value. If you are being sued by SRS & Associates, Inc., you should get an FDCPA lawyer to represent you.
Damages You Could Receive From SRS & Associates
Sometimes debt collectors, such as SRS & Associates, Inc., violated the FDCPA, which is federal law that explains how the collection process must go. If they do violate the FDCPA, you can file a complaint. If you are harassed, you can file a claim against SRS & Associates to recover damages.
- Emotional distress – Ongoing calls from SRS & Associates is considered harassment, which might cause emotional distress.
- Recovery of wage garnishment – If your wages were illegally garnished by SRS & Associates, file a request for reimbursement.
- Statutory damages – If the FDCPA was violated during the collections process by SRS & Associates, and you don’t qualify for any other damages, you could recover $1,000 in statutory damages.
- Physical distress –If SRS & Associates harasses you, it can result in stress-induced anxiety, hypertension, migraines, cardiac problems, stress headaches, and insomnia because of the harassment.
- Legal fees –You can file claim to ask that SRS & Associates be liable for your legal fees, court costs, and attorney’s fees you incur because of their harassment.
- Lost wages – If SRS & Associates, Inc., harassed you and it caused you to miss work or see reduced productivity it can file a claim to be reimbursed.
- Injunctive relief – SRS & Associates, Inc., may be ordered to cease and desist all collection activities barring them from contacting you.
Talk To An FDCPA Attorney Today
If SRS & Associates, Inc., has filed legal action against you, then enlist the help of an FDCPA lawyer. Get a free case evaluation today.
*Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be construed as legal advice. If you file a claim against SRS & Associates or any other third-party collection agency, you may not be entitled to receive any compensation.