Roquemore & Roquemore, Inc. is a Texas-based third-party debt collection agency that specializes in repossession and asset location. The company employs about 105 people and was started in 1985. They have annual revenue of about $1.3 million, according to Buzzfile. The company says they are the “nation’s oldest continually operating professional skiptracing company, with a recovery record of more than $2 billion in assets returned” for clients. If you have been harassed by Roquemore & Roquemore, you may be able to recover damages.
How To Respond To A Lawsuit From Roquemore & Roquemore, Inc.
Always keep documentation for any debts that you owe. Keep statements, receipts and canceled checks, and document all calls and correspondence. If you dispute the debt amount, they must validate it. You can ask for Roquemore & Roquemore, Inc., to validate the debt. They will have to provide hard evidence to show that you are responsible for the bill.
For successful debt verification, they will need to provide hard evidence to support the claim. They should provide the original contract that has the terms, your payment history, and copies of any correspondence. If you do owe the debt, work to negotiate a settlement with Roquemore & Roquemore, Inc., for less than what you owe. If Roquemore & Roquemore, Inc., threatens legal action, an FDCPA attorney can help you fight the allegations.
Damages You Could Receive From Roquemore & Roquemore, Inc.
Laws, such as the FDCPA, are sometimes violated by debt collectors. A collection agency might call too often, or you might even be threatened. This classifies as harassment. If Roquemore & Roquemore, Inc., has harassed you about a delinquent debt, you may be able to get compensated for your damages. You can file a complaint with the proper agencies if they violated the FDCPA, and they may be penalized for their actions. Here are some damages claimed in such situations:
- Emotional distress – If Roquemore & Roquemore calls you repeatedly and harasses you, you can suffer emotional distress. You can file a claim for this.
- Recovery of wage garnishment – If Roquemore & Roquemore illegally garnished your wages, you can have them reimbursed.
- Statutory damages – If the FDCPA was violated by Roquemore & Roquemore, Inc., and you aren’t eligible for other damages, you might be able to recover $1,000 in statutory damages.
- Physical distress –Your health can suffer physically from stress-induced anxiety, hypertension, migraines, cardiac problems, stress headaches, and insomnia because of the harassment.
- Legal fees –You can make the request for Roquemore & Roquemore, Inc., to pay for your legal fees, court costs, and attorney’s fees you incur because of their harassment.
- Lost wages – If your paycheck was illegally garnished by Roquemore & Roquemore, Inc., you can ask to be reimbursed.
- Injunctive relief – Roquemore & Roquemore, Inc., may be ordered to cease and desist all collection activities barring them from contacting you.
Learn more about some of the terms you might hear during your FDCPA case.
Talk To An FDCPA Attorney Today
If you are threatened by legal action from Roquemore & Roquemore, Inc., you should retain the services of an FDCPA lawyer in your state. Schedule your free case review today!
*Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be construed as legal advice. If you file a claim against Roquemore & Roquemore, Inc. or any other third-party collection agency, you may not be entitled to receive any compensation.