National Recoveries, Inc., is a third-party debt collection agency that is based in Ham Lake, Minnesota. Established in 1991, the company has anywhere from 50 to 99 employees. It is managed by Steven Cundiff, who owns the company. If you owe a delinquent debt, and National Recoveries is harassing you, you can file a claim against them to recover damages.
How To Respond To A Lawsuit From National Recoveries, Inc.
Maintain thorough documentation to show your debts and balances. You should keep statements, receipts, canceled checks, and maintain documentation for calls. If the amount of a debt is disputed, then ask for National Recoveries, Inc., to validate the debt. In that case, they must show you proof of the agreement as well as the payment history.
To successfully verify your debt, they will be required to show evidence such as the original agreement for credit, payment history, and other correspondence. If you do have a debt, you can work with National Recoveries, Inc., to reach a settlement for less than what you owe. If National Recoveries, Inc. is filing legal action against you, an FDCPA attorney can help you challenge their allegations.
Damages You Could Receive From National Recoveries, Inc.
National Recoveries, Inc., just like other debt collectors, might violate the FDCPA or collections laws. If they call repeatedly, or threaten you, they are harassing you. You can file a claim against them for these actions. If National Recoveries violate the FDCPA, you can file a complaint against them with the proper agency and they can face harsh penalties.
- Emotional distress – If you are harassed by repeated calls from National Recoveries, you can suffer emotional distress. You can file a claim for this.
- Recovery of wage garnishment – If your wages were illegally garnished by National Recoveries, you can have them reimbursed.
- Statutory damages – If National Recoveries violated the FDCPA, and you don’t qualify for any other damages, you could recover $1,000 in statutory damages.
- Physical distress –The harassment can lead to physical problems, such as stress-induced anxiety, hypertension, migraines, cardiac problems, stress headaches, and insomnia because of the harassment.
- Legal fees –You can make the request for National Recoveries, Inc. to pay for your legal fees, court costs, and attorney’s fees you incur because of their harassment.
- Lost wages – If your paycheck was illegally garnished by National Recoveries, Inc., you can file a claim to be reimbursed.
- Injunctive relief – National Recoveries, Inc., could be ordered to cease and desist all collection activities barring them from contacting you.
Talk To An FDCPA Attorney Today
If you are being sued by National Recoveries, Inc., enlist the help of an FDCPA lawyer. Schedule your free case review today!
*Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be construed as legal advice. If you file a claim against National Recoveries, Inc. or any other third-party collection agency, you may not be entitled to receive any compensation.