Skip to content
What to Do If a Collection Agency Sues You?
Free Legal Help

What to Do If SRS And Associates Sues You*

Stop the

You have legal rights. We can help.


If you are being sued by SRS and Associates over a delinquent debt, you should consult with an FDCPA attorney. You will need to read through the lawsuit and determine how to respond.

If you fail to respond, the court will assume that you owe the amount in question to SRS and Associates and will award them a judgment. You should always respond to any lawsuit, so make sure you respond by the deadline that is indicated in the paperwork.

How to Respond to A Lawsuit from SRS and Associates

If you are being sued by SRS and Associates, it doesn’t mean that it is a legitimate debt. You might owe less than they claim, you could have the debt paid off, or they might be collecting a debt from the wrong person. Always ask them to provide you with proof of the debt.

You should provide documentation to show what you paid toward the debt and be able to dispute the debt if that is the case. If you do owe the debt, it is most likely in your best interest to try to negotiate a settlement with SRS and Associates. They will most likely take less than you owe if you will try to work with them.

What to Do If SRS and Associates Sues You*

Damages You Could Receive from SRS and Associates

Often, debt collectors violate the FDCPA or other collection laws. If this is the case, you can file a claim against them to recover compensation for your damages. Here are some damages that you might be able to recover from SRS and Associates:

  • Statutory damages – If you don’t suffer physical or emotional distress, but the harassment from SRS and Associates included an FDCPA violation, you can recover statutory damages, which could be as much as $1,000 for the violation.
  • Physical distress – SRS and Associates might harass you and cause you to suffer physical distress. Symptoms might include migraines, tension headaches, high blood pressure, heart problems induced by stress, anxiety, depression, and insomnia.
  • Emotional distress – You can also suffer emotionally from the stress. Your relationships might be damaged, you could have mental anguish and you could suffer emotional upset.
  • Lost wages – If severe emotional or physical distress have caused you to miss work, you can ask to be compensated for the lost wages.
  • Recovery of wage garnishment – If SRS and Associates garnished your wages through an FDCPA violation, you can ask to be reimbursed.
  • Legal fees –Court costs and attorney’s fees could be the responsibility of SRS and Associates if they violated the FDCPA.
  • Injunctive relief – Injunctive relief puts the harassment to an end. SRS and Associates is ordered to stop contacting you or your associates by phone or mail as attempts to collect the debt.

Talk To An FDCPA Attorney Today

If SRS and Associates are threatening to sue you, consult with an FDCPA attorney today so you can determine the best way to proceed with your claim.

Additional Resources

*Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be construed as legal advice. If you file a claim against SRS and Associates or any other third-party collection agency, you may not be entitled to receive any compensation.

Free Case Evaluation

    1. Please fill out your contact information:

    2. Has a debt collection done any of the following:

    By submitting above, I agree to the privacy policy and disclaimer and consent to be contacted by an agent via phone call or text message at the phone number(s) listed above, including wireless number(s). Calls may be auto-dialed/pre-recorded. Consent is not required to utilize our services.