Skip to content
What to Do If a Collection Agency Sues You?
Free Legal Help

What To Do If MRS Associates Sues You*

Stop the

You have legal rights. We can help.


MRS Associates is an accounts receivable management company. As a third-party debt collector, they try to recover payment for past due loans, credit cards, medical bills, and other past-due bills for goods or services. The company was established in 1991 and has three offices on the East Coast. Sometimes the company is referred to as MRS BPO, LLC. If you are being sued by MRS Associates, you should respond to the lawsuit to keep the court from automatically awarding a judgment against you. Be sure to read the lawsuit completely and respond by the deadline that is specified. Consult with an FDCPA lawyer who practices in your state.

How To Respond To A Lawsuit From MRS Associates

Not all lawsuits filed by debt collectors are accurate or legal. Just because MRS Associates has filed a lawsuit against you doesn’t mean you owe the money. Check your paperwork for proof of any payments made. Also, ask MRS Associates to validate your debt and prove the amount and that you are the debtor. Your FDCPA attorney will help build your defense. If you do owe the debt, though, you can benefit from negotiating a settlement with the collection agency. That will keep the case out of court and will save you money on the debt.

What To Do If MRS Associates Sues You*

Damages You Could Receive From MRS Associates

When the FDCPA has been violated by a collection agency, you can file a claim against them to recover damages. Here are some of the damages that you might be able to claim from MRS Associates if they violated the laws while trying to collect a debt from you:

  • Statutory damages – If you didn’t suffer emotional or physical distress from MRS Associates, you can ask for up to $1,000 in statutory damages from the collection agency for the FDCPA violation.
  • Physical distress – Physical distress can result from the harassment. You might suffer rashes, migraines, muscle pains, tension headaches, and even high blood pressure or heart problems that are stress-induced.
  • Emotional distress – Emotional distress, such as damaged relationships, embarrassment, and mental anguish might result from the harassment by the debt collector. You can ask to be compensated for these damages.
  • Lost wages – You could miss work because of severe emotional and physical distress. You can ask to be compensated for those lost wages. You might have reduced earnings because of the harassing calls at work reducing your productivity, you can ask to be reimbursed for your losses.
  • Recovery of wage garnishment – If through an FDCPA violation MRS Associates garnished your wages, you can recover those garnished funds.
  • Legal fees –You can hold MRS Associates responsible for your lawyer’s fees and the court costs if the FDCPA was violated.
  • Injunctive relief – You can ask for injunctive relief, which forbids MRS Associates to contact you or your associates by phone or mail in attempts to collect the debt.

Talk To An FDCPA Attorney Today

If MRS Associates is threatening to sue you, you should consult with an FDCPA attorney to determine how to proceed with your case. Don’t put it off until it is too late to respond.

Additional Resources

*Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be construed as legal advice. If you file a claim against MRS Associates or any other third-party collection agency, you may not be entitled to receive any compensation.

Free Case Evaluation

    1. Please fill out your contact information:

    2. Has a debt collection done any of the following:

    By submitting above, I agree to the privacy policy and disclaimer and consent to be contacted by an agent via phone call or text message at the phone number(s) listed above, including wireless number(s). Calls may be auto-dialed/pre-recorded. Consent is not required to utilize our services.