If you have a past due debt, you might receive harassing phone calls from the Law Offices of Donald R. Conrad, PLC. A law office located in Livonia, Michigan, Donald R. Conrad focuses on debt collection practices. There are specific guidelines that debt collectors, including law offices, must follow. If the FDCPA was violated, you can take legal action against the Law Offices of Donald R. Conrad, PLC. If you are being sued for a delinquent debt by the Law Offices of Donald R. Conrad, you should read the lawsuit at its entirety and consult with an FDCPA attorney.
How To Respond To A Lawsuit From Donald R. Conrad
If you believe you have paid down the debt that the Law Offices of Donald R. Conrad is pursuing, gather up prove of any payments that you made. Also, ask the collection firm to provide you with proof of the debt. Your FDCPA attorney will be able to help you throughout the lawsuit process and will gather supporting documentation in your defense. If you do owe the debt, you can most likely negotiate a fair settlement with Donald R. Conrad, so you will pay less than what you owed and get the issue resolved out of court.
Damages You Could Receive From Donald R. Conrad
If you are sued by The Law Offices of Donald R. Conrad, PLC, you should enlist the help of an FDCPA attorney who practices in your state. Your attorney will review all the correspondence on your case and will determine if the third-party collector has violated the FDCPA. You can recover compensation for your damages if the FDCPA was violated. Here are some damages you might be able to claim from Donald R. Conrad:
- Statutory damages – If The Law Offices of Donald R. Conrad, PLC, violated the FDCPA and you aren’t entitled to physical or emotional distress, you can recover $1,000 for statutory damages.
- Physical and emotional distress – If you are harassed by the Law Offices of Donald R. Conrad, PLC, you could have suffered physical distress, such as depression, anxiety, stress, migraines, tension headaches, rashes, muscle aches, high blood pressure, or even stress-induced heart problems. Emotional distress could include damage to your relationships and mental anguish.
- Lost wages – If you missed work because of the emotional or physical distress, you can ask to be reimbursed for the lost wages. If your productivity was affected by the harassment, and that affected your income, you can recover those losses as well.
- Recovery of wage garnishment – If the Law Offices of Donald R. Conrad, PLC, garnished your wages because of an FDCPA violation, you can get those garnished wages returned to you.
- Legal fees – You can ask the court to hold the Law Offices of Donald R. Conrad, PLC, responsible for your legal fees, including the attorney costs and the court costs.
- Injunctive relief – If you are tired of the harassment during the collections process, you can seek injunctive relief, which prevents Donald R. Conrad’s office from contacting you or your friends and family on the phone or by contacting you by mail to collect the debt.
Talk To An FDCPA Attorney Today
If you are being threatened with a lawsuit by Donald R. Conrad, you should consult with an FDCPA attorney to ensure your rights are protected. Have your case reviewed today.
*Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be construed as legal advice. If you file a claim against The Law Offices of Donald R. Conrad, PLC or any other third-party collection agency, you may not be entitled to receive any compensation.