Skip to content
What to Do If a Collection Agency Sues You?
Free Legal Help

What To Do if Audit Systems, Inc Sues You*

Stop the

You have legal rights. We can help.


You have heard of the word “complaint.” For customers dining at restaurants and shoppers at retail stores, issuing a complaint is an expected part of the consumer experience. “My soup is lukewarm” and “This amplifier is missing a few wires” are two examples of consumer complaints.

In the realm of law, a complaint represents a formal legal document that requires an individual or an organization to answer the charge of not fulfilling provisions written into a business contract.

How you respond to a complaint that summons you to court to answer for an outstanding debt goes a long way in determining how much money you will have to pay. One thing is for sure: Not responding to a complaint filed by Audit Systems, Inc. can cost you hundreds, if not thousands of dollars.

After receiving a notice that you have been served with a summons to appear in court, you have a short period to respond to the complaint. If you fail to respond in a timely manner, the judge presiding over the case has the power to issue a judgment against you.

How to Respond to a Lawsuit

According to a sweeping consumer protection law, you have 20 days to respond to a lawsuit filed by a debt collection agency, if the lawsuit is served in person by a member of the judicial system. Otherwise, you have 30 days to respond to a complaint summoning you to appear in court to take care of an outstanding credit card or a personal loan account.

The first order of legal business involves contacting a licensed consumer protection lawyer that is an expert at litigating cases pertaining to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).

Passed by the United States Congress, the FDCPA outlaws numerous debt collection tactics that for years were considered legally valid by federal law.

Under the FDCPA, a third party debt collector is forbidden from trying to collect a delinquent consumer debt that has already been paid off.

If your FDCPA lawyer determines Audit Systems, Inc. has violated one or more provisions of the landmark consumer protection law, he or she might decide to file a counter claim against the bill collector seeking monetary damages.

What to do if Audit Systems, Inc sues you*

Qualifying for Just Compensation

The FDCPA does not just prohibit certain debt collection practices. It also grants consumers the right to seek just compensation for one or more violations of the landmark consumer protection law. At the very least, your attorney can seek statutory damages that cover every violation of the FDCPA.

The FDCPA allows consumers to receive statutory damages that cannot exceed $1,000. Remember that statutory damages is a one-time monetary award, not a penalty imposed by a judge for each FDCPA violation.

You can also seek monetary damages to cover the cost of hiring a FDCPA lawyer. Legal fees can run high for FDCPA cases, as the legal process typically takes several weeks to conclude.

Consult with an FDCPA Attorney

Now that you know doing nothing can cost you a considerable amount of money, you need to be proactive by scheduling a free initial consultation with a licensed consumer protection lawyer.

The clock starts ticking on your case the moment you receive the complaint filed by Audit Systems, Inc. to appear in court.

Additional Information

*Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be constructed as legal advice. If you file a claim against Audit Systems, Inc. or any other third-party collection agency, you may not be entitled to any compensation

Free Case Evaluation

    1. Please fill out your contact information:

    2. Has a debt collection done any of the following:

    By submitting above, I agree to the privacy policy and disclaimer and consent to be contacted by an agent via phone call or text message at the phone number(s) listed above, including wireless number(s). Calls may be auto-dialed/pre-recorded. Consent is not required to utilize our services.