Ad Astra Recovery Services, Inc., is a debt collection agency that is based in Wichita, Kansas. Ad Astra was established in 2007 as a debt repayment planner, payday loan service provider, check recovery service, and collection agency.
If you are being sued by Ad Astra, you should respond to the lawsuit by the specified deadline. Carefully read through the lawsuit and consult with an FDCPA lawyer regarding how to respond. If you don’t respond, Ad Astra Recovery Services will be awarded a judgment against you because the court will assume the allegations are true.
How To Respond To A Lawsuit From Ad Astra Recovery Services, Inc.
If you believe Ad Astra Recovery Services is trying to collect a debt that you don’t owe, or if they are trying to collect more than you owe, you need to gather up your documentation and evidence. Gather proof of all the payments you made.
Also, don’t hesitate to ask the creditor to provide you with proof of the debt, even asking for original contracts regarding the agreement and the amount that you owe.
Damages You Could Receive From Ad Astra Recovery Services, Inc.
While collecting the debt in question, Ad Astra Recovery Services may have violated the FDCPA and harassed you. If that was the case, you can file a claim against them to recover compensation for the damages that they caused you.
Here are some of the more common damages claimed from debt collectors:
- Physical distress – Harassment by phone calls at home and work at random hours of the day and threatening letters could lead to physical distress. This might culminate in various symptoms, such as stress-induced heart problems, migraine headaches, rashes or hives, depression, panic attacks, and anxiety.
- Emotional distress – The harassment will lead to emotional distress, such as mental anguish, nervousness, sleep disturbances, and even relationship issues. You can ask for damages for this as well.
- Statutory damages – If Ad Astra Recovery Services violated the FDCPA and you aren’t eligible for damages for physical or emotional distress, you can recover $1,000 in statutory damages.
- Lost wages – Severe harassment might lead to physical or emotional distress that causes you to miss work. Harassing calls at work could lead to a loss in productivity. You can ask to be compensated for any lost wages.
- Recovery of wage garnishment– If Ad Astra Recovery Services, Inc., violated the FDCPA and garnished your wages, you can ask to have those wages returned to you.
- Legal fees –You could ask the court to hold Ad Astra Recovery Services, Inc., responsible for all court costs, legal fees, and your lawyer’s fees.
- Injunctive relief – You will want the harassment to end, so ask for injunctive relief. The court could order Ad Astra Recovery Services to stop calling you, your family, and your friends about the debt and even stop all written collection efforts.
Talk To An FDCPA Attorney Today
Don’t let the harassment continue. If you believe Ad Astra Recovery Services, Inc., has violated the FDCPA, you should consult with an FDCPA lawyer in your area to determine how to proceed with your situation. If you are being sued by Ad Astra Recovery Services, take action and respond.
*Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be construed as legal advice. If you file a claim against Ad Astra Recovery Services, Inc., any other third-party collection agency, you may not be entitled to receive any compensation.