When people fall behind on their payments and cannot pay their bills, often times major corporations while hire third party collection agencies in order to receive those payments owed. Unfortunately, it is often seen that those third party collection agencies use abusive and harassing measures on the phone in order to collect those debts.
In order to protect consumers, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, or FDCPA helps protect people from harassing techniques used by third party collection agencies.
What to Do a Debt Collector Harasses You Over the Phone
If you believe you are receiving harassing phone Calls from X Collection agency, they are in violation of the FDPCA and you could be awarded damages, that include:
- Statuary damages
- Emotional distress
- Lost wages.
You should know your rights and understand that you do not have to put up with harassment from debt collectors. Like for instance, you can let third party debt collectors know they you are planning on recording their phone calls.
What You Can Do
If a debt collection agency is sending you harassing phone calls, you should contact an FDCPA attorney. An FDCPA attorney will be able to let you know what next steps to take to make sure the harassment stops as soon as possible. An FDCPA can listen to the facts of the case and can best advise you on how to proceed.
Here’s some more information on what to do if some of the largest biggest debt collectors in the United States send you harassing phone calls:
- Acceptance Now, LLC
- Account Services Collections, Inc.
- Ad Astra Recovery Services, Inc.
- Advanced Capital Solutions, Inc.
- Atlantic Credit & Finance
- Avante USA, Ltd.
- Bass & Associates
- Collection Bureau of the Hudson Valley
- Commonwealth Financial
- Covington Credit
- DCM Services
- Donald R. Conrad
- Eastern Account System
- Elite Recovery Services, Inc
- FH Cann & Associates
- Goggan, Blair, & Sampson, LLC
- Hillcrest, Davidson, and Associates, LLC
- Hunter Warfield, Inc.
- IQ Data International, Inc.
- MRS Associates
- National Recoveries, Inc.
- NCB Management Services, Inc.
- Paramount Recovery Services
- Plaza Service, LLC
- Rash Curtis & Associates
- Recovery Solutions Group
- Roquemore & Roquemore, Inc.
- Scott & Associates
- SRS And Associates
- Synerprise Consulting Services, Inc.
- Vital Recovery Services
- Wakefield & Associates
- Westwood Management, Inc.